- This event has passed.
Spiritual Practice Course – Session 4
March 19, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The Faith Forward-Spiritual Practice Course was developed by the First Unitarian Church of
Dallas and gratefully received by the Unitarian Fellowhip of Houston.
This 12-session course is designed to help participants develop their spiritual lives through daily
practice, weekly worship, monthly service, yearly retreat, and one-time pilgrimage to deepen
their relationship with the church, the faith, the Divine, and the self.
You will experience a variety of spiritual practices and develop your own disciplines of the spirit
that connect you with the sacred. The structure of these classes is a mixture of direct
experience and instruction. Debate and discussion is not a focus of these sessions.
.Session 4: Prayer-3/19/23 Sherry Wallingford, facilitating
- Participants will be introduced to the concept of prayer and its fruits
- Participants will experience group prayer modeled by faculty, participants, and/or ministers
- Participants will experiment with praying aloud in groups and being led in prayer by other congregants
Sessions will include:
1. Defining Spiritual Practice-2/5/23
2. Finding Your Spiritual Practice-2/19/23
3. Keeping Sabbath-3/5/23
6. Mindful Walking and Eating-4/16/23
7. Worship and Ritual-4/30/23
8. Discernment and Devotional Reading-5/14/23
9. Hospitality and Belonging-5/28/23
10. Work and Service-6/11/23
12. Life As A Spiritual Practice-7/9/23