Spiritual Practice Course – Session 6
April 16, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The Faith Forward-Spiritual Practice Course was developed by the First Unitarian Church of
Dallas and gratefully received by the Unitarian Fellowhip of Houston.
This 12-session course is designed to help participants develop their spiritual lives through daily
practice, weekly worship, monthly service, yearly retreat, and one-time pilgrimage to deepen
their relationship with the church, the faith, the Divine, and the self.
You will experience a variety of spiritual practices and develop your own disciplines of the spirit
that connect you with the sacred. The structure of these classes is a mixture of direct
experience and instruction. Debate and discussion is not a focus of these sessions.
Session 6: Mindful Walking and Eating-4/16/23 Kim Willis, facilitating
- Participants will be introduced to eating mindfully
- Participants will be introduced to walking meditation
- Participants will experience mindful eating practice and walking meditation practice
Sessions will include:
1. Defining Spiritual Practice-2/5/23
2. Finding Your Spiritual Practice-2/19/23
3. Keeping Sabbath-3/5/23
6. Mindful Walking and Eating-4/16/23
7. Worship and Ritual-4/30/23
8. Discernment and Devotional Reading-5/14/23
9. Hospitality and Belonging-5/28/23
10. Work and Service-6/11/23
12. Life As A Spiritual Practice-7/9/23