Visitors are always welcome to join the Sunday morning Forum at 10:00 am in the workroom. The week’s discussion leader will provide a 5-minute overview of a current events topic and pose a question to the group. Forum attendees take 1-2 minutes to respond. Visitors are welcome to participate or grab a coffee and snack and sit back and listen.
- The Rise and Fall of “Fake Pot”. The sale of illegal drugs sold openly, like “herbal incense”, K2, etc.
- The decision from a young Muslim woman leaving Islam for Atheism.
- We “ratted” on our Moms! uh, er, … For Mother’s Day, we shared interesting stories about the lives of our Mothers & other members of our families!
- LBJ’s 1964 Civil Right Act…law passed 50 years ago banning discrimination on the basis of color, religion or national origin.
168,000 gallons of fuel spilled into Galveston bay
- No New Physics?
- HISD’s proposed school closings
- The missing Malaysian Airline
- Mexican Drug War: Should America become militarily involved?
- Edward Snowden: traitor or whistle blower?
- Should we ask the Texas Legislature to re-regulate electric rates?